Commercial Property West Yorkshire

Commercial Property West Yorkshire

FSL Estate Agents offer a full range of services for commercial property in the West Yorkshire area, in addition to North, South and East Yorkshire. We offer commercial property for sale in West Yorkshire, commercial property to rent in west Yorkshire and can undertake valuations on commercial property West Yorkshire for lease renewals, pension, tax, insurance and investment purposes. Based in Wakefield, FSL Estate Agents deal with all aspects of commercial property in Wakefield, Ossett, Dewsbury, Batley, Castleford, Pontefract, Barnsley, Leeds and Bradford.

The term Commercial Property covers a wide range of property types, basically anything that someone would run a business from, ranging from a small lock up garage to a several thousand square foot warehouse and distribution centre. FSL Estate Agents deal with all types of commercial property in West Yorkshire, e.g, shops, retail premises, takeaways, cafes, public houses, offices, serviced offices, workshops, industrial units, warehouses, storage yards, even quarries and development land.

Getting you the right property

FSL Estate Agents help people and businesses find suitable commercial property in West Yorkshire to suit their needs. Give FSL Estate Agents a call with your requirements on 01924 365250 and we will be happy to help. Its always useful for you to consider what type of property you need, what size (allowing space to grow), location and what your budget is.

Our website displays the currently available commercial property for sale and to let in West Yorkshire and further afield.

Talk too the experts in commercial property

If you own commercial property in West Yorkshire and need to sell or rent it, we can assist. The first step is to contact FSL Estate Agents on 01924 365250 and arrange for a member of our team to visit the property and give a current market sale or rental valuation. We will visit your commercial property in West Yorkshire, or where ever it is located and give an honest assessment of its value and discuss the applicable advertising package. All commercial properties will be displayed on our our own website and on Rightmove Commercial, Movehut, Zoopla, EG property link and several other commercial property portals.

Giving you the right advice

If you own commercial property in West Yorkshire our RICS Chartered Surveyor can undertake a valuation report for pension purposes.

If you rent commercial property in West Yorkshire or are a landlord of commercial property in West Yorkshire the FSL Estate Agents in-house RICS Chartered Surveyor can assist with lease renewals and rent assessments including dispute resolution and arbitration.

Finally our expertise in the commercial rental sector allow us to manage commercial property in West Yorkshire, from a single property to a large portfolio.

[templatera id=”5686″]

So you have decided to rent a property…..

Deciding to rent a property can be exciting and daunting in equal measures. But with our help we could make it a hassle free experience.

Talk to us:

  • Please be honest with yourself and us from day one
  • Set yourself a realistic monthly budget and make sure you include council tax and utility bills in addition to your rent. As a general rule of thumb your monthly take home pay should be at least 2½ times the monthly rent.
  • Remember that generally you will need to pay the first month’s rent, a deposit/bond and an application fee before being able to move into a property.
  • Consider the type of property you would like to live in.
  • Think about the location of the property, whether you need to be close to work, public transport routes or motorways.
  • Consider the size and number of bedrooms you need.
  • Whether you require a furnished or unfurnished property.
  • Consider if a parking space or maybe a garden is essential.
  • And of course the earliest and latest dates you need to move in.
  • Just be aware that some landlords place restrictions on the suitability of potential tenants so you must be honest with us from the start about things like benefit payments, pets or smoking.

Applying for a tenancy:

Once you have viewed a suitable property and decided it is the one for you, the next step is to fill out an application form.

All adults who will be living at the property will have to be named on the tenancy agreement and must complete an application. As part of the application we will need the following:
We need to see a photo id for each applicant (photo driving licence or passport)
We need a copy of a utility bill showing your current address
We need your application fee (payment by cash, cheque or BACS)
If you have found the ideal property, it’s important you apply quickly. We cannot hold a property for you until we receive your completed application form and payment.

How Much Is Your Home Worth?

Our fees

Each applicant pays £50 plus VAT (£60) for an identity and credit check. This verifies that the information that you have told us about yourself is correct. Our checks are carried out both by ourselves and by Legal4landlords. A copy of the tenant application form can be downloaded by clicking on the link towards the bottom of this page.

If you have a previous poor credit history or your income doesn’t meet our 2½ times the rent criteria, you will need a Guarantor to guarantee that the rent will be paid. An identity and credit check for the Guarantor is also £50 plus VAT (£60)

Finally there is a one off administration fee of £50 plus VAT (£60) which covers our costs to produce the tenancy agreement and move you into the property.

So for example…..

  • 1 adult applying for property: 1 x credit check plus an application fee = £100 plus VAT (£120)
  • 2 adults applying for a property: 2 x credit checks plus an application fee = £150 plus VAT (£180)

You must be aware that the identity and credit check element is not refundable. Also if everything is Ok with the checks and you decide at the last minute that you don’t want to go ahead your admin fee will not be refunded.

Other additional hints when selling your property:

Rent Payments

Rents are generally payable per calendar month, and are payable in advance. All rents are to be paid by standing order. The tenant is usually also responsible for Council Tax, Electricity, Gas, Water, TV Licence and Telephone costs. Meter readings are taken on the 1st day of the Tenancy Agreement commences and the tenant will be responsible from that date.

Rent Payments

A security deposit equal to at least one months rent will normally be required. This will be required in advance of the Tenancy Agreement commencing. FSL Estate Agents secure all deposits with the Deposit Protection Service which is one of the recognised government approved schemes. The deposit is held to cover damages, breakages and any other liabilities under the terms of the Tenancy Agreement. Please note that under no circumstances can the deposit be used by the tenant to cover non-payment of rent. Further information on the DPS can be found on their website or by downloading The Tenant’s Guide to The Deposit Protection Scheme at the bottom of this page.

How Much Is Your Home Worth?

Content Insurance

Whilst the landlord is responsible for insuring the building, we would recommend that the tenant takes out their own contents insurance and we can suggest companies to use for this.

Contact Us

Give the team at FSL Estate Agents a call. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will be able to help shortlist properties and guide you through the whole process.

Call 01924 365250……….we are waiting to help.

[templatera id=”5686″]